Sunday, October 4, 2009

X marks the spot ... again

Welcome back to part 2 of the X-men Hiflyer style:

Rounding out the team is Nightcrawler,Shadowcat and of course Storm.Now I know Shadowcat wasnt in Giant Size X-men and didnt come into until later but this is my blog so tough:)



In an effort to keep each character to one colour I was stuck when I realised Colossus and Nightcrawler both shared red and thought purple was a good colour to fall back on...that and I always wondered why a guy that could become nearly invisible in shadows wore a costume with bright red and white on it...

Anyway,the colours for Shadowcat and Storm are pretty classic self explanatory choices,with Shadowcat getting the the classic trainging suit yellow gloves and a flared neckline although I might opt for a different colour further down the line...maybe a green...Storm retains her key looks with a cape and knee highs incorporated into the pants and as she is a bit older than Kitty and probably more confident she gets to show off more skin...that and it always bugged me that whilst being claustrophobic,Storm always ended up with form fitting chokers,capes and necklines that would make it harder for her to breathe.

I have a team shot waiting for me on the drawing board so I better get back to it.

Let me know what you think.


Cheers

X-Men (c) Marvel Comics

1 comment:

  1. Love the costumes dude. Giant size era was always the best!

    ReplyDelete